Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby!

Why is it we keep getting ice? When I was growing up it was all snow. I am sure global warming is affecting that but I sure would like my kids to be able to play in a good snow! But, today we have ice so, the kids and I are all stuck in the house and I figure we may as well be somewhat productive. So, here is my list for things to attempt to get done in the next 48 hours:


1. Clean out the toy baskets all over this house. Why is it, my kids are always looking for the little Sonic toy that is buried at the bottom? I feel like every time I walk in a room, the basket is dumped over. Luke is pretty good at helping pick it up but this gets very old when you are here all day.
2. Clean off Jack's bookshelf- really, Jack is  going to clean off his bookshelf. It is a mess and there are books he has way outgrown on there that we need to give away. So, what a perfect chore for today.
3. Potty train Emma- this is a biggee. I think she is ready. We are going for it. We bought big girl panties yesterday. So far today, we are doing good. I figure if I can  keep at it for the next 48-72 hours, we should make it. You know, with boys, you don't really have to deal with toilet paper. Emma loves the paper! If this happens, that would mean no diapers at our house. Oh my!
4. Finish some work projects- I have a few work projects that are almost  done, but not quite. My goal is to mark them off my list while stuck at home. We'll see how that goes.

I'll keep you posted but hopefully we can get most of this done. How are you spending your icy day?

2 comments:

Amanda Herrold said...

potty training??? WOW!

ThatsBaloney said...

Hi Allison - Found your blog from your FB site. :)
I cleaned out boxes of toys and donated them. Cleaned out my office (2 trash bags) and laid around sick (respiratory) and trying to recoup!!
Good times.
Hope you got your list done.
See you Wednesday!